Date: October 12, 2018
If this is your first time to volunteer this school year, please remember to complete the MISD Volunteer Background Check at http://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=6001. This must be completed before you will be able to volunteer.
Also, if you sign up to help with this game, please sign up for the game volunteer Remind. Text @lrebbwax to 81010.
1. Bus Chaperones (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteers who will ride the buses to and from the event with the students. You will be required to take roll when you get on the bus at LRHS and again when loading the buses for the return trip. You will need to sit near the band during the event and help with any chaperone needs. Please be in the LRHS band hall no later than 4:45 pm to sign in and get your bus assignment. Please be advised that you may not be on the same bus as your child. Buses will be assigned on a 1st come 1st served basis for each game/competition.
2. Photographer (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteer who will take pictures of the LRHS Band during their performance and in the stands. These pictures will need to be uploaded to our LRHS Band Shutterfly account.
3. Videographer (Questions? Contract Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteer who will video the LRHS Band during their performance. You may use the LRHS Band video camera.
4. Water/Snacks at the game (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteers who hand out water and snacks to the LRHS band students after their performance.
5. Flip Tub Handlers (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteers who will carry the flip tubs on to the field at halftime and then remove them from the field after the LRHS band has dropped their flip folders into them.
6. Prop Handlers (Questions? Contact Chad Cass at [email protected]) – Volunteers that will wheel all the props from the truck loading area & take them onto the field for the performances. Volunteers will remain with their assigned prop through the performances & then return the prop to the truck loading area after the performances.
7. Plumes (Questions? Contact Rhonda Moncrief at [email protected]) – Volunteers who help put plumes in each student’s shako before the performance. After the performance, you will also remove each shako & return to the storage bags, which will then be loaded back on the trucks.
8. Uniform Room Helpers (after returning to LRHS) (Questions? Contact Jennifer Sanders at [email protected])- Volunteers who help put uniforms back into the appropriate section in the uniform room after the band returns to LRHS.
9. Water/Snacks (after returning to LRHS) (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteers who assist with the unloading of the coolers/snack bags & return them to the booster room after the band returns to LRHS.