Vernon Newsom Stadium
Wednesday, October 17th
All students should eat during their normal A Day Lunch period
1:20pm Excused from your 4thblock or Ben Barber 2ndSession class
1:25pm Change into rehearsal attire: black show t-shirt, black LR
Band shorts/thin athletic shorts, long black socks, marching
Prepare for rehearsal
1:45pm Brief rehearsal begins
2:30pm Rehearsal ends, load trucks
2:40pm Section Leader meeting in Band Office
2:45pm Inspection within the band hall area only
3:30pm Load buses in full uniform minus shako/beret
3:45pm Depart for Newsom Stadium
4:00pm Arrive, check-in, unload trucks
-Front Ensemble, Battery, Sousaphones, and prop helpers go
to the trucks
(prop helpers do not need shakos, plumes, or instruments
4:45pm Set attendance block near buses
4:55pm Move to Warm-up Area B
Receive a bottle of water from the LREBB
5:05pm Warm-up in Area B
5:30pm Move to performance ready line
6:00pm Load trucks
6:15pm Load buses
6:30pm Depart for Lake Ridge
6:45pm Arrive at Lake Ridge
General Spectator Information:
1. Admission – No mention was made regarding a spectator fee
2. Spectator parking – Free parking is available in the stadium parking lot.
1. Every academically eligible student will attend all marching contests.
2. Instruments are to be clean and in perfect working order.
3. Uniform is to be clean and wrinkle free.
4. Marching shoes are to be clean and free of any visible imperfections.