Date: October 17, 2018
October 17, 2018
Mansfield, Tx 76063
If this is your first time to volunteer this school year, please remember to complete the MISD Volunteer Background Check at http://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=6001. This must be completed before you will be able to volunteer.
Also, if you volunteer, please be sure and sign up for this contest’s Remind. Text @lrebbreg5 to 81010.
1. Pre-AreaBus Chaperones (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteers will have multiple duties throughout the competition day. These SUPER chaperones will ride the buses to & from the competition with the band, take roll on the bus at LRHS & again when loading the buses for the return trip. They will sit near the band during the competition & travel along during check in & warm-ups. They will assist in providing water/snacks throughout the day, assist with handling shako plumes before/after the performance & assist with meals. Please arrive at the LRHS Band Hall no later than 3:00 pm to sign in & get your bus assignment. Please be advised that you may not be on the same bus as your child. Buses will be assigned on a 1st come 1st served basis for each competition.
2. Photographer – (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteers will need to provide their own camera. You will also need to upload the pictures to the LRHS Band Shutterfly account at https://lrhsband.shutterfly.com/ within 7 days.
3. Videographer – (Questions? Contact Linda Svoboda at [email protected]) – Volunteers will need to get the video camera & tripod from Mr. Bonebrake. Please ask him from where he would prefer you video. Typically, he likes for you to be up in the press box on the home side of any competition. The camera & tripod will need to be returned to Mr. Bonebrake as soon as possible.
4. Plumes (Questions? Contact Rhonda Moncrief at [email protected]) – Volunteers who help put plumes in each student’s shako before the performance. After the performance, you will also remove each shako & return to the storage bags, which will then be loaded back on the trucks.
5. Prop Handlers (Questions? Contact Chad Cass at [email protected]) – Volunteers that will wheel all the props from the truck loading area & take them onto the field for the performances. Volunteers will remain with their assigned prop through the performances & then return the prop to the truck loading area after the performances.
6. Uniform Room Helpers (after returning to LRHS) (Questions? Contact Jennifer Sanders at [email protected]) – Volunteers who help put uniforms back into the appropriate section in the uniform room after the band returns to LRHS.